[plug] Ubuntu 8.10: KVM, virtual CDRom problems

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Mar 16 01:36:41 WST 2009

I've created a new virtual machine using the graphical virtual machine
manager in ubuntu 8.10, and started installing Centos 5 using .iso's for
the install media.  All goes well till the cd needs to be changed.  I
disconnect the cd, point to the second .iso and reconnect, but the
centos installer can't seem to see the second disk and gets stuck asking
for it.  Same sort of problem happens if I check the install media early
on in the install routine.  Once the first disk has been checked, the
system can't find the boot media any more.

Any ideas?  Any way I can get a command line?  I'll try again later with
a text install but I'm not sure it will make any difference.

Thanks,
Tim Bowden