[plug] Routing with nonat - ssh tunnel and port forwarding

Mike Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:12:56 WST 2009

Daniel Pittman wrote:

> Specifically, what happens is that when a packet is lost the outside
> TCP connection ensures it is retransmitted ... but, so too does the
> inner connection.

I find that surprising. TCP doesn't have any mechanism to cope with
that? Some way to make the inner TCP connection back-off it's retransmit
intervals more quickly than the outer?
   And would you need a very high packet-loss rate before the problem
"goes critical"?

But you speak from experience, so I will remember the advice.