[plug] Dovecot login problem

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Mon Mar 23 14:20:35 WST 2009

Hi Jon,

Check with your Email client whether you are using SSL/TLS in you auth.

Dovecot by default disables plain auth, `disable_plaintext_auth = yes`, just comment this line out in your dovecot.conf if you wish to enable plain text auth via port 110.

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

QOTD:
Be security conscious -- National defense is at stake.