[plug] Dovecot login problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Mar 23 14:32:23 WST 2009

Sorry Daniel you're right a full disclosure would help.
The mailserver is a Debian 4.0 server and as I've stated it is running
postfix as its mta with Mailscanner and Sophos for handling anti-virus
issues.  Using tshark I'm able to capture the information when a user logs
in.  So far all users from this one domain that tries to login are having
this issue, these users are virtually hosted on this server. I can see mail
come in to their mailbox, but they cannot access it when they login to check
their mail.
Disable_plaintext_auth = no
Log_path =/var/log/dovecot
Ssl_disable = yes