[plug] clients "phone home" to server. VPN maybe?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sat May 2 18:01:18 WST 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 17:17 +0800, Tim wrote:

> > Adrian
> >
> > (Hm, I should do a PLUG talk about this stuff... but again, its all
> > FreeBSD based..)
>
> You could still do a talk on it... I'm sure our talks don't have to be
> limited to Linux. If there is enough interest in VPN's and the like in
> the PLUG community, a talk that is based on the "technology" and not
> so much the OS it runs on would be fine. Besides, how many people get
> to work in a purely linux only environment.... :-P
>
> Tim

Much as I hate people who quote a whole long string and say "Me too", I
say "Me too".

I've installed and run FreeBSD (not "in anger", but "just to see") and
been very impressed - it's normally a bit old, but then I don't upgrade
my work machine the instant new software appears, either.

I'd be interested.

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629