[plug] Debian installer, PXE

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:20:33 WST 2009

Hi there!

I have been trying to get Debian squeeze installer via PXE for a while now,
and I have been stuck in the same place, and google has not been my friend
this time.

I installed the DHCP server, the TFTP server, I downloaded the netboot file
from http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/, I put it in
/var/lib/tftp.

Also, with apt-mirror I have mirrored the full i386 squeeze repository.

All that on the same box.

I can update other debian machines from my mirror so the mirror is working
fine.

I can PXE boot other machines from my PXE server, which means that DHCP and
TFTP work, as well as the netboot debian image.

I get to the installer, I choose the country, it gets -again- an IP from the
dhcp server, then asks for the mirror, I put the IP of my mirror and then...
nothing.

In the alt+f4 console looks like the debian-installer is trying to download
from the mirror... the debian-installer?! and wget gets a 404 not found.

Any ideas?

Very appreciated!

Cheers,

--