[plug] Access speed to Amazon Web Services in Singapore?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Nov 13 20:48:56 WST 2009

Fred Janon <fjanon at yahoo.com> writes:

> Amazon announced a new zone in Singapore for 2010. Does anyone know if
> access would be faster from Perth than accessing the services in the US?

Possibly.  A quick check tells me that the government of Singapore are about
170ms RTT, and 13 hops, from my desk here in Melbourne.  The US is ~ 260ms or
so, on average, over the Internode SYD->SHJ transit, so Singapore wins.

OTOH, it depends more or less entirely on where in Singapore the
infrastructure is located and where your clients are from, I guess.

        Daniel