[plug] a funny

Evert van Dijk evert at silver-sword.com
Thu Oct 8 13:26:42 WST 2009

Hi All,

I a recent discussion in our office that involved a number of system administrators went something like this.

Junior Admin: How do I [perform this task in Linux]? I should mention that that machine is running Red Hat Linux version 7.something, called "Guinness", in case that makes a difference with the commands I should use.

Senior Admin: Make sure you type the commands with an Irish accent.

Junior Admin: Is that Ctrl+i?  /i?  -i?  DOS never had an accent modifier.  Linux is so advanced!

Well I thought it was funny.