[plug] OpenOffice Calc (Spreadsheet) SEARCH function

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:16:24 WST 2009

I want to use a spreadsheet function in OO.org to find out if a cell
contains a string. (For conditional formatting)

So basically, I have in a cell, the following function, SEARCH("cbj",B88)
As long as B88 contains a string that has cbj in it, it returns the
position of the string. BUT, if cbj isn't in the cell, then instead of
returning a false or something, it returns #VALUE which I haven't even
been able to catch with an IF or anything so far).

Does anyone know how to search for a string in a cell, and return
something if it's not in it?

Thanks

Tim

--