[plug] WD drives coming formatted as NTFS?

Ari sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 12:56:47 WST 2009

Kevin Shackleton wrote:
> Might not these drives have been recovered stock from a batch of drives
> set up for PC installation that never made it in the run.  Therefore
> they would have been bulk copied but never actually used.  They would
> have been sold off cheap and presumably bought cheap, with free mounting
> brackets.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with that, so long as there wasn't deceptive
> practice.
>
> Kevin

There was nothing to mention that the drives were not absolutely brand
new. Certainly no mounting brackets. I thought it odd that they weren't
in static bags, but I've had some manufacturers do that in the past with
drives that were brand new. This is well known retailer with a range of
drives from a variety of manufacturers.