[plug] WD drives coming formatted as NTFS?

Paul hooker at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 25 13:38:15 WST 2009

FWIW, I think your approach is commendable.

BTW, over the last 12 months I had new disks both in static bags an in
those transparent plastic cases/boxes. I must admit that I've never
looked for pre-existing filesystems on any of them - I just low-level
format/surface check and then start using them. Maybe I ought to look
more carefully.

Paul