[plug] Digital TV channel info

Steve Baker steve at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 26 14:29:55 WST 2009

Hi all,

Sorry about the not-directly-linux-related off-topic request...

I have a Pinnacle DVB-T capture device, but when I scan for channels it
finds only the SBS channels.  A quick google tells me that ABC, Seven,
Nine and Ten broadcast between 177.5MHz and 226.5MHz, whereas SBS is way
up at 536.5 MHz.  I suspect that the channel scan is starting too high.
Of course, since I don't have a proper aerial (just an indoor antenna)
this could also be contributing to not finding any other channels.

There is a way to enter channel information manually, however I don't
have all the data.  I was hoping that somebody with a DVB-T card of some
sort might be able to find the relevant information and send it to me.
If I can enter the data manually maybe I can still watch the relevant
channel, even though the scan fails.

The data requested for each channel is:
- Frequency
- Service ID
- Original Network ID
- Transport Stream ID
- PMT PID
- PCR PID

I've seen postings here from people with DVB-T cards trying to set them
up in Myth or similar, was hoping I could get some info from those
people.  Does anyone have this data handy?

Regards,
Steve