[plug] Digital TV channel info

Steve Baker steve at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 27 07:59:54 WST 2009

mitch at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au wrote:
> I believe this site shows it:
>
> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=sHm&q=perth+digital+tv+frequencies&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
>

> The wonders of the interwebs!
>

> Quoting "Jason Posavec" <jasonposavec at iinet.net.au>:
>
>> Steve Baker wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Sorry about the not-directly-linux-related off-topic request...
>>>
>>> I have a Pinnacle DVB-T capture device, but when I scan for channels
>>> it finds only the SBS channels.  A quick google tells me that ABC,
>>> Seven, Nine and Ten broadcast between 177.5MHz and 226.5MHz, whereas
>>> SBS is way up at 536.5 MHz.  I suspect that the channel scan is
>>> starting too high.  Of course, since I don't have a proper aerial
>>> (just an indoor antenna) this could also be contributing to not
>>> finding any other channels.
>>>
>>> There is a way to enter channel information manually, however I
>>> don't have all the data.  I was hoping that somebody with a DVB-T
>>> card of some sort might be able to find the relevant information and
>>> send it to me.  If I can enter the data manually maybe I can still
>>> watch the relevant channel, even though the scan fails.
>>>
>>> The data requested for each channel is:
>>> - Frequency
>>> - Service ID
>>> - Original Network ID
>>> - Transport Stream ID
>>> - PMT PID
>>> - PCR PID
>>>
>>> I've seen postings here from people with DVB-T cards trying to set
>>> them up in Myth or similar, was hoping I could get some info from
>>> those people.  Does anyone have this data handy?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Steve
>>>
>> I have the same problem with a now-defunct Pinnacle TV capture card.
>> As of earlier this year, all digital channels were upped to around
>> the 800Mhz-plus region. From what I've been told, any tv's more than
>> a couple of years old at most will be unable to tune as high as these
>> channels are being broadcast. My capture card can only get SBS, and
>> that's only because SBS is the lowest frequency station and *just*
>> sits in the upper ranges of older cards.

Jason - my TV, PVR, and other published info I have found show the
frequencies for all channels (except SBS) to be between 177.5 and 226.5
as I mentioned earlier, not around the 800+ mark.  This link
http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/atv/ indicates that DVB-T stops at 816.5,
although that page could be out of date.  Where did you get that info
about broadcasters moving upwards from 800MHz?  If they are broadcasting
on dual frequencies, do you have the alternate numbers?

Mitch - The link you posted gives me the frequencies (which I had
*already* found and quoted in my original post) but does not return any
of the other numbers that I need.  It did occur to me already to try
google - I'm posting here because I couldn't find what I wanted there.

I've purchased a signal booster which gives me a 70%+ signal strength on
all frequencies, but without the other numbers I seem to be screwed.

Regards,
Steve