[plug] gdm configuration and kde4

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sat Sep 12 14:34:23 WST 2009

Hi all

I have recently updated my Debian laptop to KDE4. Apart from the once when the
update completed, I can't run KDE under either gdm or kdm - KDE doesn't come
up in the list of session types. My session options under gdm at the moment
are:

Last session (selected)
1, Run Xclient script (I think this is the last session - runs GNOME)
2. GNOME
3. Secure Remote connection
4. TWM
5. Failsafe GNOME
6. Failsafe Terminal

My question is: where are these options defined - in a file, or is the list
dynamically built, because I can't find a configuration file anywhere
containing these options.

How do I add KDE4 to the list of sessions?

(been googling for the last couple of hours with no luck, but I do know lots
more about gdm than I did a little while ago :-)

Steve

--
"You might ask, 'if you're in a life boat, and the life boat
is sinking, do you bail at the average rate of the other

Blair Trewin - Climatologist at Australia's National Climate Centre

Steve Boak, (08) 9756 0662, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT Support, Phone (08) 9756 3022
Engin VOIP number (08) 6461 6187 (local number in Perth)