[plug] any advice

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 09:37:45 WST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Jon L Miller
<jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote:
> I seem to be having e-mail problems relating to me sending  regular e-mail
> and getting a message back stating I may have a  spamming mail server.
>
> Looked in the logs to see this quite a bit:
>
> Aug  6 08:37:13 mmtlnx postfix/smtpd[5235]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> brash.confluence.volia.net[93.74.97.23]: 550 SPAM; Client host [93.74.97.23]
> blocked using zen.spamhaus.org;
> http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=93.74.97.23

For starters, you're listed in the PBL, so your ISP has indicated that
your IP address is one that should not be sending email. You should
talk to them about getting a static IP that's in a range they permit
mail to be sent from (or just forward your mail through their
mailserver).

If you're sure you're not sending spam, the CBL listing might go away
once you fix the PBL issue.

-Patrick

--
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au - WA Backup, Web and VPS Hosting