[plug] cannot send mail to certain domains

Jon L Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Feb 1 11:38:26 WST 2010

I've got a problem sending mail to certain domains, a few weeks ago I turned
off my name servers and set everything up on MelbourneIT's DNS servers and
since then all hell has broke loose.

After some work on our router all seemed fine until this pass weekend when I
tried sending an email to Hotmail. Now all outgoing email is being deferred.

Example

Feb  1 11:28:15 mmtlnx postfix/smtp[31353]: EA83736CEB:
to=<maria_louisedking at yahoo.com>, relay=none, delay=7749, status=deferred
(Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=yahoo.com
type=MX: Host not found, try again)

What I'm trying to find out, is this DNS or rDNS related.

Regards,

Jon Miller