[plug] cannot send mail to certain domains

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Wed Feb 3 12:34:15 WST 2010

Hi Jon

You seem to be confusing the two seperate issues here.

The "cannont send mail to certain domains" is a DNS issue.  The "I can not
receive email" is a local postfix configuration issue.

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, quoth Jon Miller:

> Feb 3 12:22:07 mmtlnx postfix/smtp[25064]: 4B24D365E2:
> to=<jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>, relay=none, delay=2, status=bounced
> (mail for 192.168.2.247 loops back to myself)

Where did the 192.168.2.247 come from?

Is that anywhere in your postfix/main.cf or /etc/aliases or /etc/postfix/virtual?

> What I do not understand is why it's still looping back to the server.

Because the server doesn't realise the message is for itself, so it tries
to pass it on, only to discover it is talking to itself.

  - Matt