[plug] What would encourage membership of PLUG?

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:07:49 WST 2010

On 18/02/10 10:49, Gregory Orange wrote:
> Just like with SAGE-AU's current and AUUG's relatively recent
> soul-searching, I reckon the question is "what do you want to
> achieve"? Personally I don't have any great desire to see PLUG as a

I think that is a great question, and one that should be put forward at
the AGM (or after).
> booming organisation with hundreds of members. I am very happy with
> the mailing lists basically offering connection with part of the Perth
> IT community - with a strong Linux flavour. Of course, if the AGM was
> a bit of a fizzer that's disappointing. Hopefully it becomes a mere
> blip on the radar rather than a downward spiral.

Fizzer is a great word. Due to a lack of numbers, the AGM wasn't run and
I believe it will be run in March instead.
> <snip>
>
> Oh and I second the motion to remind about dues - I don't recall
> paying mine in quite some time, but I'm more than willing!

Again, as I said in my reply to Bill. The system is up and running, and
I'll try and make it send out reminders to all those who have expired in
the past.

Tim