[plug] What would encourage membership of PLUG? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Feb 18 13:00:40 WST 2010

Scott Middleton wrote:
>> Scott's idea for free phone support may engender a "pick up the phone as
>> soon
>> as I get stuck" attitude which might make dealing with the callers quite
>> hard.
>> I wondered if a ground floor venue for monthly or bi-monthly (?) workshops
>> may
>> allow saved up questions to be handled. Free for members and $5 for
>> non-members perhaps to recover venue cost.

> God no. I didn't say free phone support. I said we should let people know
> they can get free tech support. I said maybe a phone number with a recorded
> message.

Ah. Ok. Thanks Scott, I misunderstood. I guess a message encouraging people to
the web site would be a good start.

On the discussion about a forum, I'm sure there are methods to sync a mailing
list with web based forum so that non-subscribers can post to a forum and see
support. Am I making a mole hill out of a mountain suggesting this ?

All the best
Harry