[Plug] IPV4 / IPV6 issue on Kubuntu 9.10 Live CD.

Lee Jamieson leejam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:14:00 WST 2010

Hi all.

I'm trying to get a computer working with a live cd so I can scan the
hdd for malware/viruses.  My router does not support IVP6, and I can't
work out how to give eth0 a IVP4 address.

I've tried giving eth0 a ip address by doing: sudo ifconfig eth0 inet
192.168.1.136 which seems to work in that it has now that address, but
I can't work out how to set the default gateway.

It's giving me "the network is unreachable" error also.

I've been playing with this all day, and I'm not having any fun.

--
-
Regards,

Lee Jamieson