[plug] Cool toy!

Kev kdownes at oceanbroadband.net
Sat Jan 9 13:54:12 WST 2010

Jason Posavec wrote:

>>> Internally, there is a SD socket which can be used as a low cost boot
>>> or storage device.  There is also space for a 2.5 inch hard disk.
>>> Externally there is another SD socket. that can be used for
>>> transferring data from mobile phones, digital cameras or other
>>> devices.
>>
>> I mean its not "Card readers" but I only have SD cards anyway so thats
>> all that matters ;)
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>  Personally, I think solid state storage is long overdue to replace
> mechanical devices.
>
> Jason Posavec

I agree with Jason, but they're still overdue.  The current SSDs are
overpriced and under performing.  I'm sure there are some acceptable
SSDs for the corporate sector but they're not within the budget of the
masses.  I sold my Eee with SSD and bought one with a usable hard drive
:-) .  Happy now!

Kev

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kdownes at oceanbroadband.net  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.