[plug] Wireless Broadband - USB Modem

Peter demo9 at gswd.com
Wed Jan 13 13:40:00 WST 2010

Hi all,

I'm planning to purchase a new pre-paid wireless broadband modem (for
Laptop) and while I am familiar with a few models (having helped other
people set them up on Linux), I was wondering if any of you have had
particularly good experiences with any particular modems and/or providers.

Preferred specs:

* Fast/easy "plug and play" linux compatibility: Linux Mint
(ubuntu/debian) preferred.
* Reliable connections in rural areas would be a bonus (telsra/bigpond
only????).
* Reasonably good data plan....   not mind blowing  (>2GB/mnth would be
nice).

I will be recommending these to my customers too if I find a good one! -
I'm in Katanning and travel throughout the Great Southern.

Suggestions?

Cheers,
Peter