[plug] Wireless Broadband - USB Modem

Milan Pospisil pospim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:29:23 WST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM, orm <ormg1 at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Gday Milan
> i am looking for the Huawei E 170 - where did you get your E 160?

Dick Smith Joondalup

 >and, doesit work with Telstra?

I understand Ubuntu 9.04 and above came with the drivers for Three and
Telstra(and possibly other) prepaid mobile broadband. But I have
tested only the Huawei E160 which came with the Three package. Worked
straight as 'Plug and Play'. Having said that I must note that I did
not register the modem(which is a process of its own, IMHO) with Three
using Linux. I used a dozebox(Vista) for that purpose, as I did not
have a choice at the time.