[plug] Wireless Broadband - USB Modem

Peter demo9 at gswd.com
Mon Jan 25 14:31:20 WST 2010

orm wrote:
> GDay Peter
>
> Did you have any luck with a USB modem that works with Telstra, in the
> bush, on Mint?
>
> cheers. orm
Hi Orm,

Not yet.  There's not a lot of choice in Katanning (not helped by the
fact I won't deal with one of the local Retailers for personal
reasons).  I haven't been to Perth or Albany recently (and have no
immediate plans) so I guess it'll just have to wait.

I know I can probably get something online but it's not urgent at the
moment.  It's more of a convenience thing.  I already pay close to $200
a month for internet connections (I have two ADSL lines ) so I'm not in
a big hurry to fork out more $$$.

Cheers,
Peter