[plug] eee pc 701 4G with remix: sound

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Thu Jan 28 20:50:43 WST 2010

Hi all,

Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction please.

I've searched the net for clues but interest seems to have waned in the
7" eee pc's and most of what's there relates to earlier versions of
eeebuntu... In the meantime I've rebooted about twenty times tonight to
try and find the following pattern.

Booting from cold, the system plays it's signature startup tune and mp3
files can be played,  just by moving the cursor over the file in the
file browser -  but if I open a terminal or run a process such as
firefox, it kills any ability to play music until a total reboot,  not
from a restart, only after boot from dead.

Starting rhythmbox or vlc and trying to play from there doesn't work either.

Regards
Dave Dartnall