[plug] trying to buy a linux netbook

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 09:11:17 WST 2010

The main reason I wanted a Linux machine was that I didn't want to pay
the Microsoft tax, but since it's probably less than a dollar with a
new machine I doubt I paid any extra. And for the principle, I think
it's use rather than 'ownership' that has real impact on the market.

Has anyone got an experience with an international warranty? If it's a
return to base warranty and the base is firmly the place of purchase
that could suck pretty badly. I guess aforementioned Whirlpool
discussion might be helpful there. That said, mine is now out of its
standard 1yr warranty (and I didn't upgrade it) so it's a moot point
for me.

Greg.

--
Gregory Orange