[plug] Jobs?

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Mon Jul 19 21:04:06 WST 2010

Hi

I have a few days worth of work at UWA but there is only 1 day where I could
use paid help. If your bored and want some experience you can do some work
experience and when I have to do the boring stuff on day 4, I could pay you
if you are able to do it (and I can afford it).

The paid work is mainly windows stuff but it is a completely Linux backend.

I have to remove two companies from the UWA server. So I am setting up two
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS SaMBa servers with cyberoam (Linux based) routers and
off-site backup using rsync and hardlinks(for incrementals). The grunt work
is removing windows workstations from the UWA domain and reconfiguring for
the new SaMBa share plus moving them to the new IP range (I never realised
that all UWA IPs were real world IPs until this). Not even doing domains.
Pretty straightforward sort of stuff in the Linux world. I have only limited
access to UWA but the IT guy there is cool.

Let me know as I am planning to do Day 2 tomorrow. Which is the installation
and testing of the servers and routers. I have already installed Ubuntu but
have yet to configure them. Day 3 is syncing the gigabytes of data. Day 4
may be a weekend though. They are very busy offices.

Kind Regards

Scott Middleton
Managing Director
Linux Consultants Pty Ltd t/as AssureTek
Email - Scott at assuretek.com.au
Phone - 1300 551 696
Mobile - 0400 212 724