[plug] Physical to digital mail scanning service?

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 21 10:48:41 WST 2010

Your ISP? - iinet does this for their accounts.  Some of my email
accounts are set to mark and forward, others to drop.  Its better than a
local spamassassin and if something (which doesnt happen often) gets
through the iinet filters, spamassassin with various blacklists usually
doesnt pick it up either :(

Ive been using a "gentoo mail filtering server" (setup guide on the
gentoo website) for quite a few years and it worked "ok" until the
spammers started getting sophisticated.  Chaining it with iinet
pre-marking and then filtering on the marks via procmail before feeding
to spamassassin fixed that.

They appear to be using IronPort: "X-ironport-anti-spam-filtered: true"

Running it through a google mail account may be an alternative -
personally I wouldnt but some people dont seem to care :(

BillK