[plug] fstab to force a group on a local ext3 and a fuse (ssh) partition

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:11:46 WST 2010

Hi there!

I been trying to find a way to mount both a local ext3 filesystem and a fuse
(ssh) filesystem in such a way that all files created (or copied) into it are
automatically set to be of certain group.

chmod and chown with cron over the terabyte there is not very eficient. If the
files are stored from the begining with the correct group I won't need to do
this.

I have investigated around the options column in fstab, but I haven't found a
way to do it (unless there is some functionallyti in the "gid" option that is
supposed to be used with FAT for ext3, that assuming that I understood what
that option does!).

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
--