[plug] LinuxIT was Facebook

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Sat Jul 31 10:14:43 WST 2010

On 30 July 2010 23:06, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:

>> Hi Guys
>>
>> *Dons Flame proof suit*
>>
>> Recently I decided to try and create some facebook namespaces to
>> promote my business(es)
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/LinuxIT/146320002051034
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/AssureTek/106649879389774
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> Scott Middleton
>> Managing Director
>> Linux Consultants Pty Ltd t/as AssureTek
>> Email - Scott at assuretek.com.au
>> Phone - 1300 551 696
>> Mobile - 0400 212 724
>>

> Is your business, what used to be LinuxIT?
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia

Not really sure of the question. LinuxIT is not a "used to be".

My company name is Linux Consultants Pty Ltd t/as AssureTek t/as LinuxIT.

My consultancy mainly invoices out as AssureTek. Using Linux in the
name has a few issues. Firstly I don't own the name and in Australia -
no one does. Secondly I do not want to define myself or my business as
just Linux. Linux is a tool in my toolbox, albeit my favourite tool
but just one.

But LinuxIT is a gets a lot of references for me. Mostly from people
who got a Linux box installed and then the I.T. guy moved on. The
online shop is not massively busy but it has its moments when new
releases come out (except for Ubuntu). I always plan on expanding to
merchandise and making it more relevant but never get around to it.