[plug] Using ogg meta-data in bash commands [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Mar 17 12:01:49 WST 2010

    0n Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:52:56AM +0800, Gregory Orange wrote:

    >On 17 March 2010 11:43, Jason Posavec <jasonposavec at iinet.net.au> wrote:
    >> I have all my music in one directory (artist-title.ogg) so that my home
    >> media player can just randomly play any song in that directory all day.
    >> I want to copy all songs from a particular album (listed on the ogg
    >> meta-data) into a separate folder.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know how I'd do this with a bash command that can read ogg
    >> meta-data?

http://ruby-ogginfo.rubyforge.org/

   "ruby-ogginfo gives you access to low level information on ogg files
    (bitrate, length, samplerate, encoder, etc ), as well as tag. It is written
    in pure ruby."

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.