[plug] Evolution Trash not deleting

David Buddrige dbuddrige at bigpond.com
Sun May 9 21:00:27 WST 2010

Hi all,

this is a bit of a problem for me.  I'm using Evolution as my mail
client, and have deleted over time a great many emails that I no longer
require and which are using up a fair slug of space on my hard-drive.
However, try as I might, I cannot get the Trash to empty.  I right-click
the Trash icon in the folder list and click the "Empty Garbage Bin"
option that appears, however it "Synchronises" the folder, but does not
delete its contents.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and know how to fix it?  I am
running Ubuntu 9 on my system.

thanks heaps guys,

David.