[plug] Meeting tonight?

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Nov 9 11:35:41 WST 2010

On 09/11/2010 11:27, Jason Nicholls wrote:

>     Are we scheduled to meet up tonight, Tuesday 9th November? I'd
>     suggested I could bring along my Arduino[1] and those that turn up
>     could have a play in lieu of any scheduled talks. Futuresphere at
>     7:30?
>

> Sounds good, something I'm interested in!
>
> In the spirit of hardware hacking I can bring my PV head unit and
> quickly talk about writing a Perl driver (library) to retrieve
> information from it as well?

Bring it along!

I know next to nothing about hardware. I'm a CPAN author, Debian
Developer, and once upon a time, helped organise an open source
conference organiser around here.....   :) I know hardware is the "bits
you can touch", and touching it could kill you (well, it could be
snappy, or have high voltage, or both).

A Perl library, hm.  I'm trying to revive Perth.pm, the Perl Mongers
group. First meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) at The Raffles, Canning
Bridge. See http://perth.pm.org/ for details. There's probably some
cross over between the two groups.

  James

--