[plug] Ruxcon 2010 Announcement
announce at ruxcon.org.au
announce at ruxcon.org.au
Fri Oct 22 10:40:29 WST 2010
Ruxcon is Australia's premier technical computer security conference, held at the CQ function centre in Melbourne. After a break in 2009, Ruxcon is back and bigger than ever.
Ruxcon brings together the best and the brightest security talent in the Australia-Pacific region through live presentations, activities, and demonstrations. This year we also feature a fantastic lineup with several high-profile international speakers.
Ruxcon 2010 will be held on the weekend of the 20th of November to the 21th of November. Doors open at 9:00am and the first presentation commences at 10:00am.
There are a limited number of tickets available and they are going very quickly. Please register via the Ruxcon website to ensure that you don't miss out: http://www.ruxcon.org.au/register.
Ruxcon 2010 Presentations (http://www.ruxcon.org.au/presentations):
1. Milking a Horse or Executing Remote Code in Modern Java Web Frameworks - Meder Kydryraliev
2. Code Analysis Carpentry - Sean Heelan
3. Breaking Virtualisation by Switching the CPU to Virtual 8086 Mode - Endrazine
4. Instrumenting the Linux Kernel with Kprobes for Anti-Security - Ryan O'Neill
5. Will it Blend? - Billy Rios
6. Prospecting for Rootite: More Code Coverage, More Bugs, Less Wasted Effort - Ben Nagy
7. DEP in Depth - Brett Moore
8. Understanding the Java Serialisation Attack Surface - Daniel Grzelak
9. Web Scanners FOR THE WIN... - Louis Nyffenegger
10. We've been Hacked! What Went Wrong and Why - Mark Goudie
11. An overview of AFP High Tech Crime Operations - Alex Tilley
12. Killing the Elephant in the Room - Enterprise Vulnerability Management Tactics - Matt J
13. Fast Automated Unpacking and Classification of Malware - Silvio Cesare
14. Hackerspace - Robots & Dinosaurs - Gavin Smith
15. 'No Holds Barred' Penetration Testing - Jarrod Loidl
16. The Computer Forensic & eDiscovery Tools that Time Forgot - Adam Daniel
17. How to Do Real World Computer Forensics... And Not Get Burned - Nick Klein
18. Ghost in the Shell(code) - Matthew de Carteret
19. Hooray for Reading: The Kindle and You - Peter Hannay
20. The Australian Internet Security Initiative - Fighting Botnets at the Source - Mark Chaffe
21. Security in APCO P25 Public-Safety Communications Networks - Stephen Glass & Matt Robert
22. Automatically Identifying C structs from Binaries - Kuza55
23. Rux Lox - An Introduction to Lockpicking - Graeme "Wily" Bell
24. RFID Shits and Giggles - Edward Farrell
25. DnsUberNOOBer - DNS Enumeration on Steroids! - Jaco van Heerden
26. Virtualisation Security State of the Union - David Jorm
More to come...
As in previous years, there will be events and competitions, which allow attendees to have fun, win prizes and socialise, all while enjoying a cold beer on an Australian summer's day.
For more information please visit: www.ruxcon.org.au.
Hope to see you there,
Ruxcon 2010 Staff
More information about the plug