[plug] PLUG servers, and Meetings

Peter demo9 at gswd.com
Thu Sep 2 12:00:52 WST 2010

On 22/08/10 15:40, Tim wrote:
> I'm posting this both to the main list and ctte, as I see no reason
> for the general plug people not to be involved in the discussions.
>
> Firstly, I'm having some problems trying to connect to plug's
> webserver (shameless), so it would be good if we worked on a new
> website on the VPS server at some time. Suggestions welcome for CMS's,
> ideally something simple for everyone to use, but also powerful enough
> that we can have fancy things like "upcoming events" and other things
> like that.

As far as CMS's go, I've been using drupal for years and it is very
flexible:  simple, yet powerful with hundreds of modules available.
Most of what we (PLUG) are likely to need is already available in the
basic install.

I could have a new site up and running using drupal in a couple of hours....

All I would need is access to the VPS....  and/or I could setup a demo
site for everyone to view/comment/add to before going live...   (I could
even host the website if required: Just need to change the DNS settings)

The current site still appears to be down.... so we would be starting
with a clean slate.

Cheers,
Peter