[plug] Tiled window managers

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Thu Sep 16 21:49:59 WST 2010

Hi

I use ubuntu 10.04 (gnome). All I do is enable the other monitor
(in preferences) and I can drag between desktops. They are separate and in
my case different geometries.  I use a netbook when I am on site and
often commandeer another monitor.  I can even move the smaller monitor to
match the physical location of the bigger monitor so the mouse moves
seamlessly from 1 monitor to the other.

In the old days it was harder and I needed to use twinview using Nvidia.
Nowadays is seems to just work.

Scott Middleton
Managing Director
Linux Consultants Pty Ltd t/as AssureTek
Email - Scott at assuretek.com.au
Phone - 1300 551 696
Mobile - 0400 212 724