[plug] iptables questions

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 17:19:23 WST 2010

 enablingThanks, it helps a lot. So I should just flush the iptables and keep working on the ISP firewall. I thought that I configured the firewall to let ping and traceroute packets in with udp ports 33434 to 33534 and icmp.

Last time I asked, my ISP (TPG) was letting everything through.

More questions then:

- Is there processes that listen to the pings and traceroute request by default or do I need to start them? (I know, it is probably different for all linux distribs and installs)

- are there iptables for root and each user???

Thanks for being more precise.

Fred