[plug] MythTV project

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Fri Feb 11 15:57:06 WST 2011

Hi,

On 11/02/11 15:47, Shanon Loughton wrote:
> My ubuntu media server is not connected to my tv - i use mediatomb to
> serve and ps3 to play it all.  If I replace mediatomb with xmbc on the
> ubuntu server can you control the record settings through the ps3 client?

Mediatomb and XBMC are two very different things.

XBMC can serve its files to your network, but I am not sure if that is
compatible with the PS3 (have never tried that)
XBMC is only a playback frontend, cannot do any recording, for tat you
need MythTV (as one example), which can also serve the files to your
network (I forget the term right now).
again not sure if the PS3 can be used for picking up that served content
from MythTv.

The PS3 client is just a playback service, so no, you cannot set any
schedules with it to mythtv. (that I am aware of)

I stopped using my PS3 as a frontend client a long time ago as the
interface is very cumbersome/lacking.

-Lucas