[plug] Named nfs exports?

Chris Hoy Poy chris at hoypoy.id.au
Mon Jan 10 22:32:38 WST 2011

NFS will follow symlinks, so you need to export the symlinked location (can be on another server) and then make sure your clients can see that NFS export as well. This is handy for putting local temp directories in the same place on each of your clients. Also handy if you want to play follow-the-NFS-spaghetti game.

use mount --bind to make some other directory appear to be at that spot - ie if you create a nice big LVM and then use descriptive names and create another tree somewhere else, you can mount --bind the relevant roots back to /raid1 etc and it'll work.

//chris