[plug] Dual monitors on Linux Mint 10 LXDE (Nvidia)

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Tue Jun 7 21:23:36 WST 2011

On 7 June 2011 12:39, Lee Jamieson <leejam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, the thing that was bugging me was I couldn't see the panel on my
> laptop screen...  I changed to be at the top, and whattya know? It
> works!! :)  *headdesk* /me is daft at times :)

I have got to the point that I welcome a frustratingly simple
resolution to problems.

Despite the satisfaction gained from slugging out a complicated set of
troubleshooting, simple ones are often quicker (especially when
someone else throws in a suggestion), and the big bonus right now:
It's evidence that the whole set of technologies is continuing to
mature and converge into an elegant whole. I am continually impressed
by my Ubuntu 11.04 installation, where I have performed _zero_
necessary command line fu. Sure I do apt-gets and such on the command
line out of habit (: but I don't count that.

Today I spent less than an hour setting up a libvirt & KVM
environment, and it's fully operational. Awesome.

Cheers,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange