[plug] network log reporting

wolfbite wolfbite.aus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:42:04 WST 2011

Thanks that seems to be a push in the right direction

BUT :)

confirmed syslog server working
can recieve test from other machines using nc -w0 -u 192.168.0.1 514 <<<
"testing again from my home machine"

all machine and server firewalls disabled while trying to resolve

only abnormal issue is

rsyslogd-2039: Could no open output pipe '/dev/xconsole' [try
http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2039 ]

which seems to been an ongoing issue for the last few ubuntu's

newer rsyslog 5.8.1-1ubuntu1
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rsyslog/5.8.1-1ubuntu1>only
available The Oneiric Ocelot
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/rsyslog> (active development)

does this seem to be the issue (and maybe i'll try building newer rsyslog

or issue somewhere else that I might be missing??

Thanks anyway