[plug] Great Southern Linux Users

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Thu Mar 3 09:23:55 WST 2011

On 2 March 2011 12:27, Peter <demo9 at gswd.com> wrote:
> Is it just me or is the list a bit quiet lately?

I lose track, because it goes into my 'foss' label along with the LA
list and any other foss project email lists to which I've
subscribed... but come to think of it, yeah. Seems to go in cycles a
bit.

> In fact, I have been getting so much interest, customers are starting to ask
> for Linux when they bring their computers in.
>
> The most common question I get is "Where can I learn about Linux" (along
> with general computer skills), so I have decided to start running weekly
> "Computers for beginners" sessions in my shop every Thursday evening.  I
> have  a training room with 6 PC's running Linux Mint and will be running my
> first session this Thursday between 6 - 8 Pm

That is awesome. Good on you for making a viable business for yourself
in a country town, AND not being stuck with the OS & software that its
residents are using simply because it came with their computer (which
in itself is pretty compelling, and difficult to turn around!). That's
a truly inspiring story, and one I hope I will have the cojones to
mimic one day if and when we move to the country.

Ciao,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange