[plug] Hackintosh

Ari sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:42:28 WST 2011

So, I've got my multiboot system going with Ubuntu and three flavours of
windows, but it's just not enough. I neeeeed more. I need a Hackintosh.

I don't think I'm adept enough to get it running with the old Athlon XP
2800+ hardware the other OSes are running on, so I am probably going to
need to replace the CPU+Motherboard+RAM (maybe video, too, not sure if I
can get on-board video working if it's even available). I've never
worked with virtualisation before, so I doubt I'll be successful getting
it running on my more recent Athlon 64 X2 5000 system, or under Fedora
on another (but older) athlon 64 3600 system.

Does here anyone have experience with getting an ultra cheapie core2 duo
based system running Snow Leopard? (picked it up today at the Apple Store)

On another note, is anyone here planning on dumping/selling off an old
core2duo with an Asus or gigabyte board?

TIA,

Ari