[plug] WordPress installation

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:27:12 WST 2011

If the server uses Vhosts then the ipaddress might be a different
vhost to where you have wordpress installed.

Assuming you are using apache, you need to be looking at
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ to see which vhosts are active and where
the htdocs (/var/www for example) are stored.

Tim

On 7 March 2011 22:56, Jon L Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote:
> I’m rying to get WordPress installed on a SuSE Linux Enterprise server v11,
> and having a little difficulty.  I’ve followed the direction and yet when I
> try to open a browser to the install.php It stated it cannot find the path.
> Now I have not setup the domain for this server yet, so I figured I could at
> least get the page to come up via using the ip address (ex:
> http://192.168.2.249/creative/wp-admin/install.php) but this does nto work.
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Regards,
>

> Jon L Miller
>
> MMT Networks Pty Ltd
>
> e: jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
>
> p: +618 9375 6597
>
> m: +61 412 126 166
>

> Disclaimer

> immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete
> this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
> secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender
> therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
> contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia