[plug] Upgrade to SuSe 11.4?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Mar 13 13:12:54 WST 2011

Nope - I was just surprised, since I thought I was the only one - apart
from John, who runs servers.

Anyway, I flirted with Kubuntu and went back to SUSE and 11.3 was just
not working for me - programs would fail - everything from Amarok to
Konsole ..... Virtualbox.

So I tried Kubuntu 10.10 and it's "all right", and I'm still running it
- I don't like it, but it works, so ....

If it suits you keep with it - I would have. I'd been a long-time
fanbooi - starting out with one of the SuSE 5.x releases, going to 6.2,
7.1, 7.3 (still one of my faves) 8.x (yech), 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 (good) ... up
to 10.3 (great) . decided to stay on 10.3 until one day it said "10.3 is
now out of support, there is one more fix available to prepare for
migration to 11.x - do you want it?" -  to which I stupidly said "yes",
at which it de-installed EVERYTHING. Y'know that sinking feeling where
you see the desktop icons changing to KDE default gears one by one?
Well, I do!

Now to tell the boss, who works for an American Big Mean Corporation
that you need a day off to rebuild your machine so you can work - not
great.