[plug] Hackintosh - update and linux questions

Ari sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:51:49 WST 2011

Of course I own a copy - I'm not downloading someone's cracked copy with
who knows what ready to screw up my system :)

While I appreciate your perspective, I enjoy being told how I think and
should feel about something about as much as the next guy. I own a
legitimate copy of the software, and just like backing up my DVDs (to
play over my network and preserve the originals) using software that
defeats copyright protection, I will install this copy of the Mac OS on
any hardware I can as long as I only use it on one system. I will not
pay gouging prices for apple hardware in order to be able to support
their software and keep their users happy.

As to the 'things', I'm still trying to determine exactly how the
DiskUtility program does what the video tutorial (the second url) is
instructing the user to do to get a bootable and installable USB drive
with kexts for using the OS on an EeePC. As I've been passing blood for
a few days I've been unable to pursue details but will hopefully try to
be more specific later this evening.

Regards,

Ari