[plug] OS Debate at Murdoch University tomorrow: Linux - Windows - Apple

Z. Cliffe Schreuders c.schreuders at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 31 22:18:38 WST 2011

On 31/03/11 14:53, James Bromberger wrote:
> On 30/03/2011 6:50 PM, Z. Cliffe Schreuders wrote:
>
>> At Murdoch University we have an OS "debate" tomorrow at 12:30 (from
>> memory, in ECL2), followed by a BBQ. Basically this will involve a few
>> short presentations from the various points of view. The debate is
>> designed to be reasonably light hearted, but I expect by the end
>> everyone will be using Linux :)
>> I am presenting a 5 min talk using the Lessig method (68 slides), so I
>> am looking forward to that.
>>
> Ari and I went to this; it was a lot of fun, and the slides were
> excellent, generating several (supportive) chuckles from the crowd of
> around 50 - 100 who turned up. The Apple camp didn't turn up, so it was
> just Win v Linux, and the applause-o-meter at the end decided that Linux
> won the day! Well done Cliffe.

Thanks James!

As it turns out, the presentations were recorded :), so you can watch my
short presentation here:
http://vimeo.com/21749391

The talk revolves around how Linux is free (as in freedom), and compares
the freedoms to the restrictions with Microsoft and Apple products.

9 students walked away with Linux installation DVDs :)

Cheers,

Cliffe.