[plug] Zimbra

Scott Middleton scott at assuretek.com.au
Thu May 5 09:32:44 WST 2011

On 5 May 2011 09:21, Brad Campbell <brad at fnarfbargle.com> wrote:

> On 05/05/11 07:49, Scott Middleton wrote:
>
>  Before I went to google apps premium and stopped having to do any work
>> at all to get mobile sync to my android and my wifes iPhone (other than
>> typing in my username and password). I used Funambol.
>> http://www.funambol.com/
>>
>> Looks like it has expanded a bit since the couple of years I have used
>> it. But it was quite easy to setup and allowed in the cloud sync with a
>> lot of different devices.
>> <http://www.funambol.com/>
>>

> Which is ok if you trust outside providers with your data. I don't have
> that luxury.

I probably should've been clearer. Funambol has an open source downloadable
package that you can install on your own server. I used to have it running
on a xubuntu vm.
https://www.forge.funambol.org/download/#start

I guess I am lucky that I don't really care if there is a small possibility
of someone reading my email. Don't use it for anything illegal or immoral
and I go towards ease of use rather than anything else. I don't make money
fixing and maintaining my own stuff.