No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:35:02 +0800
From: Bill Cullen <billc at wantree.com.au>
To: plug at linux.org.au
Subject: [plug] Squid and samba and NT domains
Sender: owner-plug at linux.org.au

Hi,

My current client is running (or about to) run an NT network. They
want to run an internal internet proxy and for some unknown reason
authenticate the users against their Windows NT domain (to stop the
cleaners accessing the internet or something). They are looking at
running M$ products to do this.

Some of us have suggested that there might be a better way (cheaper
and faster). We are suggesting that they use squid for the proxy. We
have also said that squid should be able to authenticate users using
samba. If we add a samba server to there domain and have it act as a
bdc will squid then authenticate using the NT domain information?

Thanks,

Bill.