No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

However, I am also a bit wary about huge amounts of script with small
bits of HTML.

I had thought of a perl script of some sort, sitting on top of a SQL
database.  Probably Mysql, if I get around to downloading it this
afternoon.

The main question is the database structure, which I had already looked
at last year.

Cheers,

John

John Breen
Programmer
United Construction Pty Ltd

(08) 9499-0472
john.breen at unitedconstruction.com.au

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Trevor Phillips [SMTP:phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au]
	Sent:	Wednesday, 2 June 1999 13:34
	To:	plug at linux.org.au
	Subject:	Re: [plug] Time & Task Management Tool

	Bret Busby wrote:

	> I don't know much about it, but, couldn't it be written using
php?
	> Then, all that is needed, is a web browser, that reads HTML,
to access
	> the stuff, if my understanding is correct.

	You'd also need a PHP capable web-server. So in that respects a
CGI
	would be a little more portable. True, you'd do a mod_perl or
fastcgi,
	but either technique it's easy enough to have a plain CGI
version.

	You could very well write it in PHP, and in fact, the closest
	contender(s) I've seen have been PHP apps!

	PHP never caught on with me. It meant learning yet another
language (or
	differences between it & similar languages), and my mindset
doesn't go
	overly with the bits of an app in pages scheme. Personally I'm
the
	"Script with big chunks of HTML" school of thought, not the
"HTML with
	big chunks of Script" ...

	--
	. Trevor Phillips             -
http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/ .
	| IT Services                       -               Murdoch
University |
	| On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds,
of     /
	| course. But mostly evil, on the whole.
/
	 \      -- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
/